Dear Tulsa…,” Tulsa World op ed on Arkansas River floodplain management, June 9, 2019.
Warriors for Democracy: The Story of the League of Women Voters of Orange, County, Florida. Political and social history, current research and writing project, March 2019.
“Eighty Years of Empowering Voters and Defending Democracy,” Reflections from Central Florida, Historical Society of Central Florida, Spring 2019.
“Make Friends with Your Opposite,” Orlando Sentinel op ed, Sept. 26, 2018.
“Mural Kids! Silver City Children Create Ceramic Murals Around Town.” New Mexico Kids Magazine, November/December 2017.
- UNMASKED! The Rise & Fall of the 1920s Ku Klux Klan: Tulsa and Orlando: APLcorps Books LLC, 2016.
- The Tulsa River, with editor Tracy LeGrand and photographer Vernis Maxwell, with Foreword by Robert J. LaFortune. Tulsa: APLcorps Books LLC, 2014.
- Hide from the Wind: Tornado Safe Rooms in Central Oklahoma. Ann Patton, principal researcher for the Natural Hazard Mitigation Association and Federal Emergency Management Association, Metairie, LA, 2014.
- “A Tulsa Story: Learning to Live in Harmony with Nature.” (2009, updated 2015 with Crystal Kline) Chapter in Global Warming, Natural Hazards, and Emergency Management. Taylor & Francis Group, CRC Press.
- “San Miguel is unforgettable destination,” Tulsa World, Apr. 7, 2013.
- “In This Corner: Ed Fite’s Fight for the Illinois River,” This Land Press, Feb. 15, 2013.
- Dan’s War on Poverty: A Grassroots Crusade for Social Justice. Tulsa: Dan Allen Center for Social Justice and APLcorps Books LLC, 2012.
- “Disaster mitigation contends with a ‘perfect storm’,” Natural Hazards Observer, September 2011, pages 2-3.
- “Disaster Fighters Face ‘A Perfect Storm’ of Challenge and Change.” Canadian Risk and Hazards Network, HazNet, Vol. 3, No. 1, Fall 2011.
- “Ten Years of Stone Soup: Creating Disaster-Resistant, Sustainable Communities.” (2010) Article in A Decade of Disasters. Business Civic Leadership Center, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Breaking the Disaster Cycle on Bolivar Peninsula, Texas: Recovery and Hazard Mitigation after Hurricane Ike. (2010) FEMA case study.